Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Chicks!

So... yes. I am crazy. Let's just get that out of the way right now! LOL.
We have 4 new chicks! One of our good friends son was asked to a highschool dance with a chick. It was cute and cliche ("dont be Chicken! Take a Hot Chick to the dance!") and left him with a little chick and no idea what to do with it. He knew we had chickens and a coop, and so, we adopted his chick. (the little yellow one) The poor thing cried all day and all night. It was ALONE in the world and wanted EVERYONE to know it! LOL! So... even though Jestin was headed out of town for a lengthy amount of time, I decided this chick could not be a lone chick in the box until it is big enough to join the brood. (nor could I endure it's crying all night long! LOL)

This is the selection they had when I went to pick some up!
Jes has always wanted Ameraucanas, since they lay blue/green eggs, and believe it or not, they had them! So we got 3! *grin* They are darling. They poop a ton. Their water constantly needs cleaned out. Their box stinks the garage up. And  I am doing baby chickens while my husband is away...heaven help me!

Like I said... I am crazy. *wink*

0 comments: