Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Visiting the MTC

We were blessed to attend Sacrament Meeting at the MTC today! My Dad was called to serve as the 1st counselor in the Korean speaking branch there! WAY COOL! Sadly, he was also released as a counselor in the English speaking branch which he dearly loved! And he is nervous since he does not speak a word of Korean... well except for Kia & Samsung! LOL  It was really fun to take my kids there and let them walk those hallowed halls. They were enthralled with the chairs that had desk tables attached, and they tried SO hard to be quiet beyond the standard of the busy family ward from which we come!
The yound man blessing the bread had to repeat it at least 3 times (that I could tell) (he did it in his newly learned Korean)... and once it was over Cameron leaned over and told me that was the longest prayer he had ever heard! I explained that the missionary was using a language he likely has only known for a few weeks. Caleb kept pulling on my arm while I was talking to Cam. Finally I turned to him and asked what he needed... to which he said, rather loudly, "Dat was da strangest prayer I ever heard!" The sweet sisters in front of me giggled in spite of themselves!
The missionaries were just awesome! They were super friendly and talked to my kids a lot! Emma and Cody have it all figured out! If Cody holds off on turning in his papers 5 months, then they both can turn in their papers at the same time and be in the MTC together! LOL! It was cute!
...I better start saving my pennies! LOL

0 comments: