Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jestin is Home etc etc etc

Jestin is home for a week. We are SOOOOO glad to have him back! Life is just NOT the same without him and California is just TOOO far away. (whiny I know!)

We have been approved for the State Health Insurance Program (PCN) for parents because of our lack of income, and now we will have insurance for 1 full year! Cannot BEGIN to explain the relief/joy/glee/humility/gratitude etc that this entails! We both will get our meds updated and adjusted and maybe even get Jestin's eye repaired? Who knows? Woot woot!

He also has been getting a few more phone calls for JWD Electric. We are deeply hopeful that we can keep our business and our personal financial lives going... but there has been so much shrapnel, I just don't know if we can save it or not. It is a work in progress to say the least!

The kids are officially out of school today! Caleb is done with pre-school. This whole phase of my life is over. No more preschoolers. Weird. Emmalee is done with elementary school. We will now start the Jr High "highs and lows" (oh boy.) Weirder. I have decided to enjoy our summer together and weep and wail about the changes later! *wink*

We are keeping the little dog again. Manina (Nina), aka Saydee, aka Zoey, is here for half the summer. Her new mommy and daddy are back east for 6 weeks and could not keep her with them on their visits to the LDS Church history sites. Her momma has called to check on her and misses her something fierce! Her "grandma" wants us to bring her over for the afternoon asap! LOL It is so wonderful! She is the most balanced I have EVER seen her! She *NEEDED* this new family. She is so obedient and happy! It is just amazing! Sophie and Nina are having so much fun wrestling and growling until they fall over in a puppy huddle and sleep for hours. It is just fun to watch. They have not had any of the competitiveness they did before. It is great!

I threw out my back carrying a 40 lb bag of chicken feed to the back yard. Oh wow! I had no idea what it entails to get older and weaker! My sister Jenny came and took care of me. She is a licensed Massage Therapist and a Medical Assistant so her understanding of how to "fix" the human body is just AMAZING! I was good after the first visit, until getting ready for Jes to come home... heh heh... I lifted the carpet cleaner up the stairs and didn't stop to rest on the way up (I was trying to hurry) and threw it out again! Now it is so painful to move. Sitting has to be done on the edge of the seat or I feel like my top half will collapse onto my lower half any moment. Pretty rotten to have happen while Jes is here... since I am in pain... but nice because he has been rubbing those muscles when I can't take it anymore. I went to see Jenny again today and it helped, but I think I let it hurt for too long and now I am just sore. I am hoping for a better tomorrow. *grin*

(btw - Jenny is out of AF/PG if any of you want her number LMK... she is AWESOME!!! And very reasonably priced! Nirvana Massage is her business)

We have no real plans for this Memorial weekend, other than save gas and stay home, and Jes work on some local jobs. If I can start using my back again I have a few more plants to get into the ground and would like to work on some odds and ends projects I can't do without Jestin. *HEE HEE*

Happy Memorial Day to you all! I hope you all take the time to remember those who served this great country of ours and honor them... even though our CRAPPY President's example is stellar. I hope we ALL can be better American's than our President... and honor our roots and our history!

1 comments:

Tammy

ugh, that does not sound like fun with your back! I did that this last pregnancy and the heating pad became my friend. It took me three days to be able to stand up straight! Good luck.