Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Garden - May 2008


Just what you've all been waiting for I know! LOL! Here are some pics of my neighbor Amy's and my pride and joys! (ok! so our kids are our pride and joy...but these little "babies" give us much pleasure to watch them grow and mature!
Here is our long awaited lettuce...or is it spinach? Not sure 'til it gets bigger... *grin*

Peas. We LOVE peas. Enough said.

(Notice the dogie footprints through the middle...grrrr...there were carrots down the middle...*sniff*)
Green beans. These little beans are being so picky! We have two rows of them...and they are taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to come up... Can't wait to can them!

Mr. Stripey. He is an heirloom tomato. We speak often of Mr. Stripey. Mostly because his name is so fun to say! LOL!


Here are the babies. They have guardians... keep them aphids away little marigolds...


This is MY favorite little plant. I never knew how much I enjoyed cilantro. Yum. Now I have 2 cilantro plants... fresh salsa, yummy eggs, (and any other recipes you all want to send me) to use this tasty plant would be appreciated! *grin*


Peppers! They are happy little peppers! We have a small variety... Salsa will be so fun this fall! And BBQed Anaheim's are Jestin's fav!

The little pumpkin that could... He keeps trying... I think any moment he is going to take off and we are going to wish he were small again! Tee hee!

This is Jestin's courtesy Corn. He buried corn cobs last year (fertilizer you know...) and did you know that corn would go crazy if you planted the whole cob?? We keep pulling these little corn babies... it is a hoot!

Winter squash. Not sure what he will look like exactly. Hoping it's like the big pink banana squash... but I am going to plant some seeds of that kind just in case. *wink* (the more the merrier right?)

Tomatoes! Oh my! Do you see them?? Do you see our tomatoes??

Zucchini. Now I will say this now... we have 3 zucchini plants. We love zucchini. Come the end of summer though... if you leave your windows down on your car... no. ...it was not us that left zucchini on your car seat. We would never follow in the grand Utah tradition. (bwahahahaha)

Yellow squash. (oh boy!) To go with the Zucchini. BBQer here we come! YUM!!

MORE tomatoes!! These are the kidlets plants. They have grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and yellow pear tomatoes (though they may have to fight Amy for them...she LOVED those last year! LOL!)


And last but not least...my strawberries. They have gone a little crazy in their tubs... time to get a flower bed ready for transplant later this year. SO FUN!! Jestin has 3 blueberry bushes, 2 pear trees and a row of pretty sad but struggling sweet potatoes. We have really enjoyed this gardening stuff this year! We are using our tax relief check to put up the remaining fence in the back yard to keep the wandering children and dogs out of this wonderful pass time of ours. This fall is going to be SO awesome!! YUM YUM YUM!!

3 comments:

Keri

How fun. It's so neat to check out everyone's gardens in the neighborhood. Let's just hope our sad sweet potatoes pull through!

Jenny

And I thought I was crazy for going on about the things in my yard on my blog, but now I see it runs in the family J/K Love you,
Jen

Tammy

That is so awesome to see all of that. you have worked hard, I still have yet to plant everything. Right now all I have are cantaloupe and pumpkins, that I bought at the store and probably wouldn't have planted if it weren't for seeing their roots pop out of the little cups! I am working on it! Soon!