Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, April 14, 2008

FANTASTIC!!

I am FANTASTIC!! I have had 3...count 'um... uno, dos, tres... 3! Really good days!!! Ah! Que bueno!!! I am thrilled!! I can tell that I have had surgery... I get tired... but it is NOTHING like it used to be! It is nothing that I can't smile off and deal with! Day before yesterday I walked up my stairs and got to the top... without even thinking about it... and I got tears in my eyes! I can walk up my stairs again and not have to stop half way to catch my breath!! I can load the dishwasher and talk on the phone at the same time without having to sit down because I am out of breath! I can rotate a load of laundry and actually feel up to folding that load after I pulled it out!! I drove my kids to PG to pick up Em from a friends house and back and I did it without fear! I have parts of my life back!! I can't believe it!! It is so SO SOOO wonderful!! Why didn't I BEG for this surgery MONTHS ago?? WOW! I can't believe I was living with it THAT bad! I guess you never know how bad it is until it's better... but WOW!! And I really am healing so well!! And TODAY is only 3 weeks!!! WA -HIPPTY-WHO!!! *GRIN* and a little (((snoopy dancin'))) too!!

3 comments:

Unknown

Nuthin' like a little heart problem to help you appreciate the little things in life! Keep up the good work healing! I bet your kids LOVE having "mom" back!

Unknown

Glad to hear it! (read it) I am so pleased you are doing so well. Here's to getting stronger and to doing things without getting tired or out of breath. Keep it up!

Laura

Anonymous

I'm so happy for you! My husband had the same surgery last year. It changed his life. I hope you never, ever have another bad day because of your heart.