Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Belated Earth Day!!

I have been meaning to post! der! We had a very lovely day yesterday... My neighbor/good friend Amy came over and we created our garden! Jess has been working on tilling it every chance he gets, and he was finally done a few days ago. Amy and I had ordered seeds in January (*blush*) and have been SO excited to get started! She started a batch of our squash and tomatoes the week before I was to have surgery... and they still are kinda smallish. (OOO! Funny story about our plants... Amy was putting the plants in the oven on warm once in a while to increase the chance of seeds sprouting... well for easter weekend her sweet hubby started the oven to bake cinnamon rolls... and all of sudden she could smell cooking dirt! I laugh and say she was trying to bake the squash a little prematurely! BWAHAHAHA *wink*)

SO...We built up 6 of our "furrows" (Jess laughed and said they are "rows" for short right?!) (LOL!) and we planted lettuce, spinach, 2 kinds of carrots, peas, & green beans. We then began imagining and day dreaming about the yummyness of fresh tomatoes...and well... we gave in! We ran to the greenhouse and bought 9 plants (some misc large varities, cherry and yellow pear tomatoes) and those fun "hats" to cover them! We figured it was worth the loss if they don't make it...and even more worth it if they produce sooner! *GRIN* Our garden is half planted! YIPEE!! We then planted the strawberries we ordered in January (*blush*) and the blueberry bushes. We also bought a 6 pack of lettuce already growing and put it in a planter that Amy will move as needed. She ate a salad of the bigger leaves last night for dinner and raved about the taste. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Speaking of lettuce... LOL... I have been SO good!! I have not eaten but a handful of vegtables of ANY kind this week...and my blood test was worse than last week! :( I was so bummed out! I have to up my dose again! My body just wants to clot it's own blood alrighty?? I am CRAVING ruffage and cranberry juice like C-R-A-Z-Y...so you know my body knows I need it. *sigh* This too shall pass. But this is like pregnancy cravings...except I can't give in! Waaaaa

I am a little sad today. I have been super busy this week, which has been FANTASTIC... but I think I over did (big time) in the garden. My heart has hurt all day... with some rather sharp lingering pain here and there. I gave in and took a part of a pain pill this evening. (dern) I haven't needed anything but tylenol for over a week...almost 2! (*sniff*) I keep having to remind myself... 4-6 weeks... 4-6 weeks... I have to give myself 4-6 weeks to only be fair. I do feel fantastic energy level wise though...I think that is my problem! Tee hee hee

So another side note of the day today... the neighbor kids were getting hair cuts this afternoon in their garage. My boys have flat refused to let me cut their hair for weeks and weeks... (I am grateful that look is somewhat in style) But Cameron decided that it would be fun to have Amy cut *his* hair! So he ran home and asked if she could. (she then called to see if I seriously wanted her to...LOL) I said if he was actually going to let someone near him with clippers...RUN WITH IT!! LOL!! She did and they came over to show me. I OOOed and AWWWed and sent Cam up to shower. Amy left and Caleb needed a bath (oh! which b.t.w. remind me in the future that when we have campfires in the backyard...the black remains need burried...that boy was a MESS!) So when we get up to the bathroom Caleb asked if I was going to cut *his* hair. I said yes (thinking he would protest)...and he agreed!! (I ran with it!) I was just finishing up Caleb when Cody came in... Amy had offered to cut his, but he had politely refused... he sheepishly offered if I wanted to cut his hair I could. Bwahahaha!! I laughed and said yes. I think Cody was tickled I was well enough to dote on him! LOL! We had a blast as I was cutting, seeing all the funny hairdo's we could make, and when it was all said and done... I am THRILLED that it was haircut day at the neighbors!! *GRIN* THANKS AMY!!

Anyway...I better get to bed... I am starting to see double and re-typing words...now I remember why these aren't my favorite things to take! G'night!

0 comments: