Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Strong Day :)

I was so affraid today was going to be hard...

The BBQ last night was really nice! Jess' grandparents came, as did his siblings and his cousin Mike. :) It was very cool! My sister Jenny and hubby stopped by for a few minutes beforehand (she caught my cold while caring for us last week...dang it) so she didn't stay, but she started my artichokes for me. They were a huge hit! I was tickled to learn that Nana (Jess' Great G'ma whom we lived under (in her basement apartment) and cared for until she passed away when we were first married) loved to make them too! *grin* I have often missed her greatly...and now I can tell my kids that I make something she loved too! VERY COOL! Jestin made some of my favorites... BBQ pork ribs (they are to die for!) and my baked sweet potatoes. MIL brought my favorite salad, as did both his grandma's. I baked my favorite kind of cake and decorated it just as Caleb wanted ("what color Caleb?" "Uhh...rainbows??") It was LOVELY!!

Caleb LOVED his balloons & new toys... (I will post pics later)... and had a blast being the center of attention. Jestin got me Jane Clayson's book on Motherhood (neighbor loaned it to me and I devoured it! It was SO uplifting and full of wisdom!) & Jestin & his parents gave me a new microwave! The kind hangs over the stove! WAHOO! (thank heavens for "in"s as a contruction worker at the appliance place...it was over half what we found them elsewhere for!) Jess hung it at midnight last night for me just so I could enjoy it! *blush* :) G'parents/IL's gave me $ to use towards fabrics for a quilt! SO excited! MIL is going to make us a quilt for our bed! I can't wait! Ours is falling apart...it is so sad! Caleb hides toy cars in the tears in the fabric! LOL! Ma & Dad got me Pres. Hinkley's book of thoughts for women! I can't wait to read it! I LOVE my new birthday presents! It was lovely! But I did too much...& hurt real bad...and was scared of what today might bring...

BUT! I woke up and felt strong! Some of my FLYfriend's church did a consignment sale on 106th today... children's clothes etc...and Amy and I had wanted to go. I felt strong so we chanced it. I did great! I have officially OVER spoiled two of my little nieces (baby girls clothes are WAY too much fun to buy!) & found some summer clothes for the kids.. and I walked out of there with a smile on my face! It was SO satisfactory to get out and act like a mom again! I can't even tell you!!

I was tired when I got home, but Maria stopped by and needed to go do some of my real estate stuff she has been covering for me, so I rode with her! It was great to be active again! We accomplished what we needed to and when she got me home I was still strong enough to walk down two houses to say hello to a neighbor, and run an errand with Jess!! (((snoopy dancin'))) I passed out dead asleep when we got back and took a good long nap & I hurt some this evening... but nothing that I can't ignore... and I WAS A MOMMY TODAY!! :D I GOT TO BE A REALTOR TODAY!! :D I GOT TO BE A FRIEND TODAY!! click my heels and shout for joy!!! TODAY was a REALLY good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *GRIN*

1 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography

I hope this means you've rounded the corner and are on the way to feeling even better every single day. Your amazing!