Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our first "camping" trip

What a blast we have has this weekend! Friday the kids and I loaded the bedding into the trailer and waited for Jess to get home by cleaning the windows etc out there. When he got here we went to Glade's for some hamburgers and shakes (our first time...not bad food!). We came home and ate them in the camper. LOL! What a way to "rough it!" *wink* Then we played croquet in the front yard, the boys practiced their casting with their fishing poles, we pulled out our parachute and played some games with that (anyone know of some good games for smaller amounts of people? the kids games from the school didn't work very well with only us! LOL) and we flew kites. Then Jess started a fire in the backyard and we made smores and sang songs. It was after 11 by the time we put it out and headed to bed. The two little ones crawled into their spots and were asleep within minutes, but the older two and Jess and I played UNO at our table until almost 1am. It was SUCH a blast!! I can't even tell you!! I have missed and longed for this more that I can say... I have such a sacred part of my life back... I can play with my kids again! I can be active with them and not have to sleep forever after! It was a hoot! (btw...Cody is GOOD at UNO *wink* LOL) We all slept really well. The furnance works great! I got up before them (*grin*) and went inside and baked bacon, then brought it out (less to clean out there! heh heh) and we made pancakes and had breakfast in the trailer. With the exception of using the house toilet ("outhouse") and cooking the bacon we pretended really well! Tee hee!! The kids keep saying we should do that every weekend...even if we can't pull it somewhere... I laugh! Why not?? We got it to help make some good memories for our little ones growing up so fast... Why not?? *GRIN*

2 comments:

Anonymous

Watch for sales on Bisquick's "Shake & Pour" pancake mix. You add the milk right to the container, shake it up and pour out your batter! No bowl to clean, no eggs to deal with, etc. The dollar store sometimes has it too, and I stock up for camping!

Oh, and the ziploc omelets. Heard of those? Get yourself some NAME BRAND zippy quart bags. Break your eggs into them (2 is plenty for most adults....they don't evaporate). Add your fixin's. Then, get a pot of water boiling. Drop the zippy bag in and cook for 13 minutes. YUM! You can prep them ahead of time, too, so you just take bags of eggs with you, and if you really want to avoid dishes, you can eat them out of the bags!

Man, I am *itching* to get out and play!!!

Blair and Cindy

Sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to start doing those kinds of things with our kids! You guys have a wonderful family!