Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cried Myself To Sleep...


I spent the day Christmas shopping today - go me! - but left Em to tend whilst I did. I came home to Cam wearing a hot wheels watch - long story short he has been looking through my blanket box at the end of my bed (where I had luckily only hidden 2 gifts so far) and found the watch I stashed there for Caleb for Christmas and decided *HE* wanted it. He wasn't sure who it was for, but he wanted it. He opened the package and was wearing it when I got home. WHAT!?!?!?!?! He KNOWS better than that!! Granted he's almost 7 - so he's still a little kid - but that was WAY too bold!! ACK!
I took the watch away - I sent him to timeout for a lengthy time where he fell asleep - I gave him the talk about how I disappointed and hurt I am - and asked how he would feel if it were me etc. - but I got the standard answers and a fit - mostly because he was forced into time out when everyone else was playing the Wii. I am not sure if he *really* gets it!! And I CANNOT have him snooping around this year! He is NOT an age will keep his mouth shut and if Santa "drops things off early"/gives stuff he has found hidden!! EVERYONE of his friends/and all other people he knows will know about it! I don't want my kid to be the one ruining magic for all the other kids in town!! HELP!! Any great ideas to nip snooping/stealing?? I can't think!

4 comments:

Anonymous

Store your Christmas stuff up in your attic or crawl space, or at a family members house. They wouldn't see them there. I would take back the watch and whatever else he saw or he will know who Santa really was.

Keri

I have a closet you can borrow. :)

Eli & Corinne

That's kind of funny... I try to buy early too, even when it was just Eli and me, but somehow he would find almost everything... So I started stashing at his mom's house until the last possible moment. Could work for you, your mom's not too far.

Brandy

When we had one... my parents hid everything in the RV... Ahem... I'm thinkin' you have a trailer. That way it's under lock and key... just keep the keys with you!