Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Possible OCD?

I am wondering if my littlest suffers from a blossoming case of OCD! ok...not really...but he is a HOOT about certain things. Examples:
* If he drops anything on the floor it is completely inedible. Forks and spoons must be replaced. Food - regardless of 10 second rules or not - will not pass (or even touch) his lips if it touches the floor. This from the kids that tastes sand in the sand box, eats almost anything - including jalapenos and sauerkraut - and loves to beg for bites of anything anyone else is eating - regardless of their relationship to him - oh! but! it MUST NOT touch the floor! LOL
* Organization. If he has organized it - it must not be messed up. We folded laundry and then I asked the kids to take their own piles to their rooms. My little man was happy to oblige... until I heard peels of death coming from the hallway. He had lost the socks that were balanced on his PJ pile and as a result one set of PJs had fallen to the floor along with all of his socks. He was crying hysterically!!! I asked him what was wrong! (thinking maybe he got hurt or something!) He cried out "Is ruined!! Is ruined!!" He was hysterical because the PJ's were no longer folded properly - and the socks were no longer stacked. I gently calmed him down, showing him Mommy is magic and can re-fold as he gulped back his tears. Then he fearlessly took his pile in his arms once again and marched forward to the bedroom. Whew! Crisis adverted! (btw - he then dropped the entire pile into his drawer like his brothers do and shoved the drawer shut! bwahahaha)
* The latest and greatest - We went out to dinner with the kids last night. He needed to go potty. We went in and I made him stand back and I applied the paper cover to the seat. The conversation went like so:
C- Why you put dat paper on it Mommy?
Me- Because it the toilet might have germs on it honey.
C- Why it has germs on it?
Me- Well lots of people put their butts on this seat, so the paper keeps you safe and clean. (I state while placing him up on the potty to do his business.)
C- (quickly jumping off the potty) I cants go potty on dat potty! I no need go no more!
Me- But why sweetheart? Just hurry and go!
C- I cants. It gots germs. I go at home.

And he did. He held it until we got home. ACK! Have a scarred him? Simply by adding a toilet seat shield?? Oye!! What's next with this little pickle of mine??

1 comments:

Suzie

What a HOOT!! Thanks for the chuckle! I assume he is feeling better???