Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, November 17, 2008

Faith and not Fear

I was reading in the news today about how we are in a recession - and it is to last 14 months more. I find it interesting that 1- they can "know" such a thing about the length of time it should last and 2 - That they have denied it this long. In fact the article stated that whomever it is that is so high up that needs to declare such a thing still hasn't "officially". I laughed to myself.

OK. If you dont know of at least 2 people in your sphere of influence that have lost their jobs -raise your hand. If you haven't had your budget stretched to it's max with increasing fuel and then food costs - raise your hand. If you didn't have or know someone who has a home that had a huge increase in value only to have it tumble - raise your hand. The media seems to think saying "we are in a recession" will cause panic and turmoil. Um. Ok. I think we all know it already. It's as if the green clouds are over us, the winds are blowing, the hail is falling and you can see the twister, but no ones going to say it out loud until we are up inside it waving at one another across the funnel?

I read these articles and for some reason I feel peace. There are brief moments of "Oh no! what if?" however I keep going back to my journals. We have been through rougher before in our little family. And as a society we have weathered worse before. Faith and not Fear seemed to be the general theme this year in the counsels from our General Authorities... and I like their "news forcast" better. They dont lie to us. They never have. It is lovely. They dont wait until we are swirling around to tell us the truth - they tell us from the get go... and it is our own choices if we dont listen and heed their counsel.

This recession likely will effect my own little family in real ways. We are self employed and we rely on others wanting to spend to make ends meet. That is the nature of construction and of real estate. We have no huge savings. Have some decent food storage - though not as much as we should. But I know Heavenly Father will comfort and guide and bless us through any struggle that lay before us. Faith and not fear. What a freedom that is. And deep down I lean toward - in the grand scheme of eternity... will 14 months of eating my food storage and going back to the very basic basic of needs really be that hard to endure? Credit can be rebuilt. Bodies can withstand a few less take out meals...and we won't die eating oatmeal and tuna fish daily for weeks - we have done it already! LOL! I have a beautiful family that can be mine for eternity - I have great friends that I love and love me - I have great spiritual leaders and love and care and watch over me and I have a Heavenly Father who is mindful and has promised "it all shall be for thy good". There is no fear. Thanks media - I am looking elsewhere for guidance. *wink*

0 comments: