Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Only When You Are 12 or in Disneyland!"

So...my little Emma turns 11 this year. She loves one-on-one time... that is her "Love Language". She had asked (multiple times) for time shopping while on our trip with just her mom. Now...having said that...we had very little time really (as...ummm... have I mentioned 3 days is SO NOT enough time for BOTH parks??). As we passed through Downtown Disney there was a store called Club Libby Lou. She really wanted to go look! (think Claire's in the mall) While the boys were finishing up their Wetzel's Pretzel's and Jamba Juices for lunch, I grabbed Em's hand we we did a 5 minute shopping blitz. I was loving watching her enjoy the items and the time together for a moment and a twinge of guilt that it was going to not be very long.

And then I saw the sign.

Free piercing with purchase of earrings.

And they had the *cutest* little diamond star studs. And it hit me. Bend the rule... my own rule... and make a memory she will have forever! And so I did.

"Emma... I forgot to tell you! Remember the rule about not getting your ears pierced until you are 12? It actually has a clause... 'or in Disneyland' - so it's up to you!"

I thought she was going to jump right in. Not so. My little girl needed re-inforcements. She hoed and hummed... and then asked to use my cell phone. She called her girlfriends at home to ask about pain etc, she called Gram to see what she thought she should do.... it was a tough decision! LOL!

We left the store, with the promise we would come back that evening if she decided "yes". It didn't take long... *grin*

OK! Mom! Hold my hand!!

She hates pain... LOL! She was pale and shaky and looked like she wanted to puke! I was feeling bad that I had offered this for the stress is was causing... when... 1....2....3!!! IT WAS OVER!


In an emotional burst of "Holy crap I did it!" I got a huge hug and a couple of tears!

And then she wanted to see the "New Emmalee"

And all I got were hugs and smiles and "I love them! I look SO pretty!" She says it only hurt for a second and then she never complained once!
I do need to add though... my little girl who almost hyperventilated at the thought of riding the waterfalls on Pirates... was pumped and ready to go to ride the Matterhorn after this!! If she can do fear of earrings.... racing at lighting speeds with snarling snow monsters is NOTHIN'!! *grin*

0 comments: