Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Was this such a great idea?

Lou turned 11 - and we gave in and got her the hampster she has been beggin for for over a year for her Birthday. She was thrilled! Here is the run down on only day 3 - and I pray the thing make it in this house!

1st - I drove it home in a fridgid car because the icecream would melt and when I peeked in the box at it it looked like it would slap me if it could.

2nd- the dogs were going nuts over it before I could wrap it's little box - so I set the box on the top of the medicine chest in my bathroom. Yep. It wiggled the box off the shelf and fell 6' to the ground inside the box! It looked at me with complete loathing.

3rd - The cage door got left open the 1st night we had it and we had to search the house for over an hour to find it before the dogs did! The poor thing looked scared to death - as it was Zoey that found it and had it blocked in behind a tote in my closet! and

4th - Emma was holding it, while Sophie watched, and next thing I hear there is a death scream! Sophie was lighting fast and had lept forward, grabbed the thing by the head and was running off with it!!! Yes. We got it away from her without harm - but the thing looked like it wanted to commit suicide living in this house - and I am not sure I blame it! Bwahahaha! I hope it at least makes it a week....oiy!

Lou was in tears and asked "won't they ever be able to be friends??" (LOL) Umm...no sweetheart. It's a rodent. They are dogs bred to catch rodents. Maybe in the Millenium...*giggle*
Who's great idea was this anyway?

0 comments: