Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bearing Testimony

I am thankful today for the ability to attend fast and testimony meeting. A wonderful sister in our ward stood up and talked about sharing what is in your heart. And thanks to her comment, I could not stay in my seat. I *really* didn't want to go up there. I really didn't want make that walk up there and take on those steps with everyone watching. And try to speak without stuttering in front of all those people. Ugh.
(Saturday was a REALLY good day. I had all the stength I needed to clean up my room, do some laundry, shower, shave my legs, and wash/condition my hair, and made dinner without too much struggle. It was AMAZING. Then I woke up this morning with heaviness in my right side, weakness and just generally feeling exhausted. I really didn't feel up to life today...)

But the Spirit would not leave me alone.

Jes was a sweetheart, and walked me up to the front. I am not 100% sure what I said, I was concentrating too hard on making sure I used small words so I wouldn't stumble. LOL So I thought, for my family's sake, I would share my testimony here. :)

I know that my Father in Heaven loves me.
I know that I have a Savior, even Jesus Christ.
I know that I am an eternal being having a mortal experience. This physical body that I have is NOT who I am. My spirit and my body are not the same thing, yet. Someday they will be, but for now they are not.
I am a Child of God.
He is aware of me in all things.
This life I am living is not completely real. This mortal life is not real. We all come from a holier sphere, and THAT is our reality. That is what is real.
Life is short.
Each day needs to be enjoyed like a breath. When you are concencrating on breathing, you can't focus on the last breath you took, and you can't worry about the next breath you take. The only thing you should be aware of the breath you are taking. And ENJOY the gift of that opportunity.
And to love your family... time is precious. And this is the time to prepare to be together forever. I am not doing this for me alone... I am living this life the best that I can for my family.
I want to be with them forever... and I know that I can be.
Each day is a gift and a chance to grow and improve and learn more about who I am and why am here.
And what a blessing and gift that is...

0 comments: