Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Friend

I watched the movie "The Ya-Ya Sisterhood" for the first time while I was sick. It got me thinking about different things... but mostly:
We are blessed with so many wonderful people in our lives.
They come as family.
They comes as neighbors.
They come as co-workers.
They come as friends.
And sometimes they come as people you know that you have known forever...
I have many many wonderful friends... but today I am thinking of one in particular.
This is one of my dearest friends.
She was one of those people.
 I knew her before I knew her.

We were blessed to be neighbors for just a few short years, but time doesn't seem to matter.
Our families are great friends, and whenever we get together it's like we pick up where we left off.
It's like coming home.
We have had so many adventures together. We enjoy many of the same things.
Our personalities just seem to compliment each other and we work well as a team.
Life is fun when I am with her.
We laugh.
We plot.
We dream.
We cry with each other over sorrows that only a true friend can share in.
I can trust her with all my secrets.
She is the one that understands my heart... and sometimes when my mouth says one thing and my heart feels another... she knows the truth.
She is my anchor.
And how does she always seem to know when to call?
I know that she is there...
and I know she is someone I can count on no matter what.
And I strive to be the same for her.
She is my "sister"...
and she is a gift.
I thank God that He gave me a friend like her.
Miles apart...
but still so much a part of who I am.

And I realize not everyone has found their "safe friends". I pray for that.
For everyone in my life.
Being understood is HUGE!
What would we do without friends?

0 comments: