Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Better today... inch by inch

Fever finally gone this afternoon, and chills/sweats/horrific body aches with it. I am still super weak. But I can swallow more. I ate about 1/4 cup of oatmeal for breakfast and a glass of juice, with the bonus of all my meds. And they stayed down! woo hoo! This afternoon I ate 1/2 a pudding cup, but could not finish it. Emmalou-who just was daughter of the year and made us pizza for dinner, since Dad has a small job and still isn't back yet. She is my hero. I will strive to eat a least a piece.

I weighed myself... I know it likely is not something to celebrate considering the source...but I lost 10 lbs!! :)

What a crazy week. I cannot seem to figure out how it is thursday? I have this nagging feeling there was something I was suppose to do... am I just not sure what it was. I slept/suffered the week away. LOL

This evening I took a shower and washed all the icky sweaty yuckiness of being sick for days away. I feel tons better mentally...just having clean hair and skin. LOL The simple joys in life. Now I am heavily resting and fighting the urge to fall asleep yet again, in hopes of being able to fall asleep tonight with my arms around my sweetheart. I have avoided him for days trying to keep him well. And I can't belive how much I miss him...even just across the bed.

The wonderful part of the whole sickness? I am weak, but I am EQUALLY weak all over. I don't feel the loss of ability to support myself on my right side anymore. Maybe all that sleeping the last few days has healed some brain pathways? I am hopeful. We will see as I strengthen all over. :)

I never posted about my follow-up Dr. appt. on Monday morning. I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home, and got worse from there. My doc is a little concerned about my plateau of improvements. It could indicate more problems on the horizon, it could be all the craziness of pushing through the holidays, or it could just be I hit a plateau and it will take much more work to improve from here on out. Regardless of the reason, after much couseling/talking we decided to put me on another 2 weeks course of steroids to encourage healing. He also counseled as my Speech Therapist did... I have to nap everyday. It is very important to my recovery (yea). Dr. C. also wants me to consider another arrythmia med, as I have had 2 episodes of A-fib in the last 2 weeks (not counting the one I think I had in my sleep), which I have not endured for months and months. I took the prescription, but as I ponder it, I think I will counsel with Dr. H (my cardiologst) before I begin another one. I was uncomfortable with starting the one I am on, and to add another makes me a little nervous. I think I need to go see him anyway now that I have had a stroke. Just to follow up.

Anywho... enough blah blah blah for the history books.

Things are getting better. I am healing. That sucked. And I just hope and pray NO ONE else catches this infection. It kicked my butt that's for sure! LOL

0 comments: