Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 10, 2012

First day back to class

Thursday Feb 9th -
Can I just say I love my mommy? She is the bestest!

I got up early so that I could try to take a shower. I was more sure footed this morning. :) Miracles!
I was able to wash my hair with one hand, and slide my arm up the shower walls to do my cleaning. ;) It was tiring, but the independence was almost like a little bit of euphoria!
I got myself ready, encouraged the kids out the door, and gathered my school stuff.
Ma got here about 9 am. We loaded me and my book bags into the car and off we went.
I was really nervous... mostly for the embarrassment of being a limping, foot dragging fool. (LOL)
She parked the car, and walked me to my classroom. We had to wait a few minutes for the last class to leave. Ma set up my computer so I could take notes with one hand, and got out my book. Then she left me there while she ran home to get her purse (she had forgotten it in her haste that morning :/) I was kind of glad... it made it so she didn't have to just sit there for an hour and 15 minutes.

My professor was SHOCKED to see me, as was my mentor! I had sent them messages about what was going on on Monday before I was discharged. My professor told the whole class "That's it! None of you get to call in sick to class if Heather can make it here after all that!" Bwahahaha! I begged him to not compare me... I was just a super stubborn soul who is afraid to get behind! LOL

Class went well for the first 40-45 minutes. But soon, listening to him talk, and the class make comments, and watch him write on the board, and try to process that, and stay upright in the desk, I started to feel myself be a little too stimulated. The last 15-20 minutes of class I had to keep closing my eyes just to keep from crying. But I was there! I took notes. I got my participation points! And it made me happy.

Ma came in just as it ended and gathered up my things. I stood up to leave and realized I had lost ALL connection with my right leg. I had to just drag it to the car. I was overstimulated and it was not workin' anymore. *pout*

We drove to Costco (and I closed my eyes and shed a couple of tears), so by the time we got there, she could push me in a wheelchair and we could grab the couple of things Jestin needed. We snagged a salad on the way home. Ma stayed and ate lunch with me, then left me to rest. I crawled into my bed and did not move for 4 hours. I woke up feeling better.

I did some math homework - and realized that my number recollections were not as bad as they seemed. It was not as easy as it had been before... but it was not as bad as it was before I regained the pathway last month. So... that's good right?

First day back to class. Not quite epic fail... but I would not really call it a success.

I limped pretty bad all evening.

This has got to hurry and get better!! UGH!

0 comments: