Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 10, 2012

First Day Home

Tuesday Feb 7th -  I woke up the next morning, and I could put one foot in front of the other! My hand and arm did big movements! YEA!

Quickly I realized that the biggest losses still were actually my shoulder (I had nada there :(  ) and my hip (it did not want to move or support me). I worked them all all day long on and off with the therapy exercises I could remember.

Jes left for work (reluctantly), but I assured him I was exhausted and I would stay in bed. I did. Jenny had the day off, so she came down and brought me lunch.

My mom-in-law came a few minutes after lunch, and she and Jenny went to work disinfecting the entire house! The bleached the doors, handles, deep cleaned both bathrooms plus the whole kitchen, table and chairs, remotes, Lysoled furniture etc etc etc! I tried to help wipe down some of the game controllers, but quickly fell asleep. I just could not get enough sleep!

Jenny had stripped the kids beds the night before, and re-made them with clean sheets, so MaryJo folded bedding and rotated laundry as well. The weather was beautiful, about 50 degrees, so we also opened the doors, and turned on the furnace fan to let the fresh air flow and get the germs out! My house smelled wonderfully clean and fresh!

Jenny helped me write out some bills. And she also straightened my hair. Between she and MaryJo, they accomplished what would have taken me a couple of weeks. It felt SOOO good knowing all the germs were gone! And that my house was mostly in order for me to be able to keep up on.

Friends from the ward brought us dinner. Since I had been admitted Saturday morning, every night someone has brought my little family a wonderful meal! And someone else dropped by treats, and another paper plates, cups etc and a bunch of kid-friendly-easy-to-make foods! And we could feel their prayers like balm to our souls. Our hearts are so full of gratitude and we are so humbled!! We have such amazing friends and family!! How did we get so lucky??

Most of today was spent sleeping when I could. Everyone here on the home front was completely feeling better. (HALLELUJAH!!) Jes and kids went to work and school. It was wonderful!

School. What am I going to do about school? Hmmm.... *gulp*

I scheduled my first physical therapy with Brad in the morning.

0 comments: