Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hospital Stay - Part 4 - Sat. Eve / Visitors

The day did not slow down much. I had not slept but for a few minutes of dozing in my 2 different trips in the MRI machine since I got up Friday morning! Jenny spent a few hours with me, she put oils on my feet and just tried to keep me company and comfortable. Ma came back to spend the night with me. We were still waiting to hear results from the 2nd MRI, confirming for SURE that there was no new stroke, and they also began a myriad of tests to exclude all kinds of other things that I dared not even think about, including one I DID want to know about: Lupus.

They have said I am borderline Lupus most of my life. I have many of the symptoms. (hives for one, strange rashes, unexplained low grade fevers for weeks at a time, and unexplained to-the-bone fatigue, bouts of extreme muscle pain, sensitivity to sunlight, heat and cold, just to name a few). I was hopeful maybe my phantom symptoms that make me feel like a hypochondriac would finally have a name.

The physical therapist came in and helped me take some steps. I could take 6. Only six! I was frustrated! The good part was that as the day went on, I could make more words work. And that gave me hope!

I spent the day working my hand as often as I could, as well as trying to flex my foot. It was infuriating to be strapped to the bed and not be able to do much more. Both legs had a little attachment that inflated every 20 seconds or so and then deflated. One arm had an IV, and the other had a blood pressure cuff and O2 sensor. Added to all the heart monitors, I was not going anywhere without a large amount of unhooking and alarm making. LOL

Earlier in the evening, I had sent a message to one of my FLYSistahs (a group of my dearest friends) and she spread the word. After 9:00 there was a knock at my door...

Patty (from Murray) & Allie (from Roy)

I could not believe it! Talk about a wonderful gift!!
Being without my little family was torture!
And these two dear friends brought love, laughter and hope.

Suzie stopped by as well, and Ma and I and my 3 dear friends chatted late into the night.
We shared our faith and hope.
I felt so encouraged and uplifted!

After Suzie headed home, Allie & Patty did a HUGE gift for me. They drove to my house, picking up my cell phone charger, but more importantly, giving my sick little Emmalee the hug I could not.
(possibility of getting sick and all!)
Emma had been texting my mom all day... and was really worried and wanted to be here SOOO badly!
They also took her her favorite drink of choice when sick - a Gatorade.
They acted in my stead... something that can never be repaid.
Priceless.

It was nice to hear that they saw my sweetheart too.
Patty said she was going to ask how Jes was... but she told him she may as well not - cause he just looked "like hell" LOL

Then they came back and we laughed and talked with my Ma and I for a little longer.
They snuck out about 2 am.
I went to bed with a lighter heart.
With some hope.
And knowing my family at least had a "touch of my love" before bedtime.

0 comments: