Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hospital Trip - Part One - Hives

My fever broke finally on Thursday morning (Feb 2nd). What a relief! However... I was covered in hives. I get hives on a daily basis if I do not take my antihistamines, but this was excessive. I still was coughing, and now I was itchy... but I finally felt better! Yea!

Sorry it's crooked! LOL
Emma was still fighting it. And slept most of the day.

Jes and I decided that we really wanted to attend our Stake's Couple Fireside the next evening. He was feeling a little tired, but that's all. I was still hiving and coughing, but figured I would be coughing for weeks... So we sat in the back, I kept my mouth covered when I coughed, and we enjoyed one of the best firesides we have been to ever!

Later that night, about 10pm, I realized that the hives were now going down my throat and taking over! I had some in my tongue, and it began to feel stuffy to breathe. I asked Jestin if he would take me to the hospital for a shot. He got teary eyed and said he couldn't. Within the last 3o minutes the influenza had apparently taken over and he was I.L.L.

Emma and Cody had both gone to bed already, so the littles were still awake and couldn't be left alone anyway. I text the above picture to my sister, asking her opinion, and she said GO NOW. I called my friend Suzie who lives right here close, and donned a mask, and off we went.

We arrived at the ER, and they took one look at me and whisked me back. I couldn't have an ephedrine shot (remember the EPIpen? LOL) so they gave me a bendryl shot and some prednisone. After observing me for a while, they prepared to let us come home. I was going to stay on steroids for a few days and hopefully the hives would calm down. It was just after 1 am - Feb 4th.

14 months to the day (and almost the time) since my stroke.

0 comments: