Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, December 22, 2008

Chicken Pox & Other Fun Stuff

Yep. You read correctly. We have chicken pox at our house. *sigh*

Caleb is the victim. We only just noticed the spots yesterday after his bath before church - but as the day wore on he gathered a few new ones, the ones he had crusted over, and he ran a fever all night. oh! so fun! LOL We are officially on quarantine until he is all scabbed over - which could mean no Christmas festivities for he and I. We already missed one of our favorite parties last night - it also means this year my little 3 1/2 yr old did not get to sit on Santa's lap once this year! :(
I know having chicken pox is no big deal for Caleb really - he had the vaccine so it is a mild case - but he could infect babies and older people and that could be bad for them. He doesn't understand how come he had to miss church (he LOVES to go to church) and why everyone else went to the party last night without us. It was very sad. Breaks this poor mommy's heart!
On a lighter side, despite not knowing he was contagious for the last 10-20 days (which makes me a little thankful for stomach flu and bad colds around here to keep the exposing of others to a minumum), the kids and I went out and got their shopping done. They have so much fun with this! It is fun to see. I take each child individually and let them do their shopping - it is a HOOT! I love seeing what they pick for those they love - my favorite is a child's book for the parent of a favorite cousin... "cause the cousin would love that person to read to them"! Bwahahaha! It is just such a fun time! I had to tell one of them to put back the vodoo doll - it was not an appropriate gift! Bwahahaha

I think I am finally done with the shopping end of things. The grocery store still lies before me - and 3 handmade projects to finish - but WAHOO! I am almost ready for the big day!! Chicken pox or not - it is going to be a wonderful Christmas!! My kids are happy and mostly healthy, it is snowing like crazy so it is definately going to be a white Christmas, & my heart is strong and I am very very excited to be "up to it" this year! *GRIN*

0 comments: