Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

So here I sit waiting for the stillness that invites the magic making to begin. I believe I have said "just go to sleep" enough to last the next 10 nights, but the excitement is in the air! Santa is in the Mid West, so I have some time to kill...

Today was a lovely day! My children were a lot more agreeable than normal and so I took advantage. *GRIN* The entire upstairs, including both bathrooms and the laundry room is clean & vacuumed. Cody and Cam took over an hour vacuuming the stairs - granted they used the little attachment that cleans a very small area, but I let them - they were enjoying it -and it is clean! LOL!! The downstairs is all picked up and the dishes are done. They jumped when I said jump - they wanted to be sure they were extra good today. And I am thankful for this Christmas Present for Mom: a clean and peaceful home. *GRIN* It is lovely lovely!

We went to G'ma Pats for dinner and games. It is tradition. We also played the dice game that is tradition... and even after all the stealing and swapping of the cracker jacks that were discovered to have a $5 and $10 bill inside their label - it was a hilarious when at the last second G'ma got them both! What a hoot! She then added one last round so the littlest could play for the cracker jacks with the $ - and Cam won the $10. He was so excited!

We came home early since (though I never went to bed last night and shopped Walmart and the Grocery store in the middle of the night and then wrapped until Jestin's alarm went off at 6:30 am) we had no cookies for Santa! (oh no! what was I thinking??) We whipped up a batch of frozen dough and he will be thrilled I am sure! :D On the way home, amid the discussion of what to leave the Big Man - Caleb pipes up - " I fink da weindeer would like da cookies and so Santa wan's to eat da carrots." I was crackin' up! I bet he's right! With all the hulabaloo about cholesterol and saturated fats, I bet that is exactly how it works now a days! LOL

Cam watched over the cookies to make sure they didn't burn... and they all had to try one to be sure they were good enough for him! (whew! They were! I wasn't sure what to do if they weren't! Bwahahahaha)

The kids all opened their new jammies and robes and we snuggled in and read the last of our Christmas Stories and the Nativity...

Then the last minute prep had to be finished:

Milk in the Santa mug, 9 carrots (as Rudolph *must* be helping in this snow storm!) and 4 cookies - one from each of them...


The magic key was placed on the door - we have no chimney so we do what we have to do: Magic keys are worth every penny! *wink*

The plate ceremoniously was brought like gifts from the wise men to the table in the livingroom,

The milk just so... and a swat on a pup's behind when she tried to help herself to some cookies and milk! (ack!)
We gathered in the familyroom to say our prayers and found Dad like this:

I think he enjoyed that mug of eggnog in his hand a bit too much!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS one and all!!! I pray the magic and the spirit fills your hearts and homes this night!! ((HUGS))

1 comments:

Reticent Meanderings

I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the photos that tell the rest of the story. It sounds like your Christmas was wonderful. :) Hope the new year is wonderful for your family too! :)