Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grateful for Music

This evening we were able to sneak away with dear friends of ours and attend "The Forgotten Carols" by Michael McLean (http://www.michaelmcleanmusic.com/) for a special Christmas date night.

WOW! It was FABULOUS! Funny! Inspiring! Everything I had hoped it would be - I have always loved his music!! And as I was telling my friend that at the concert I realized something very special to me. His music gave me some of my first real testimony about who I am and why I am here.

My brothers girlfriend had them on record and we would listen to them at her house - and then she made me my own copies on cassette to listen to. And I would listen to them and sing them - over and over again. The messages rang true in my heart! The music stirred a longing deep in my soul I had always known - and yet forgotten here on earth. I didn't have a lot of spiritual stuff at home - and my church attendance growing up was nothing like it should have been - it wasn't my favorite place to be then and yet I *remember* what his songs did for me. And made me hunger for more... more of how I felt when I listened to them.

I was in tears almost all of the remainder of the concert. I am profoundly grateful for this man's talent - it is of Heavenly Father that is for sure! My heart sang inside to see the man who's "light" had shone for me to see - and who had help lay a few of the foundation blocks for my testimony and faith now. I know who I am - I am a daughter of God. I have a purpose here on earth and I know that my family can be together forever someday if we just follow the commandments and live true to our covenants. Of this I have NO doubt - and I am grateful to have been reminded of it this night. It was a lovely evening!

p.s. if you see Jess - tell him I want the 25th Anniversary box set of all his songs for Christmas ok? That is all I want! (tee hee hee) Maybe if others remind him I asked for it he will remember too! LOL

2 comments:

Mardi and Jeremey

I LOVE Michael McLean. I am so jealous.

Oh yeah, I had a dream about you the other day. So funny. I'll have to tell you about it one of these days.

Tammy

SUCH a fun date! that would be cool to see. One of these days we are going to leave the house!