Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis the Season to be? Joyful, busy, & someone to be sick on the holiday (it's the "dorius curse" as our families affectionately call it)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper - it's much more fun to open!
2. Real tree or artificial? See 3 posts or so ago
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend following Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Weekend
5. Do you like eggnog? nope - everyone else in the house does tho! *shudder*
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Toy Cupboard that was my mom's
7. Hardest person to buy for? Jestin's Dad - he buys what he wants when he wants it - it's not too fun to shop for cash! LOL
8. Easiest person to by for: My kids
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - I collect them - am particular about them though - no angels with wings... LOL
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - it's more fun to receive than email
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? no comment
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppets Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? when ever I see something someone I love would like
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. When we were really broke... bad I know.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings, sugar cookies I didn't make, neighbor treats & hot cocoa with my kids
16. Lights on the tree? Lots please
17. Favorite Christmas song?
"O Holy Night" and/or anything Trans Syberian Orchestra plays *grin*
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Try to stay home when we can - but much family to go see and celebrate with too
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
20. Angel on tree top or a star? A star - the angels kinda bug me - I don't love them with wings... silly I know!
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? One Christmas Eve, the rest after stockings then breakfast Christmas Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who squak about saying "Merry Christmas" - for heaven sake if you dont believe in Jesus Christ, then celebrate Santa - whatever! Just leave the rest of us alone! It's a happy greeting - I mean really? would you rather everyone just scoul at you instead?? for the love -now there's a soap box issue huh?! LOL
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Modge Podge - ornaments that symbolize the year we have had - I love memories
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, Cream Potatoes, Hot Rolls, Spinach Salad Jess' mom makes every year -yum!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Truly? Work for Jess - I am scared of running out of work lately - could be the economy - LOL - who knows! And I would love to see my kids get what they would like and them be GRATEFUL for it -that is what I want...
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Anyone who has a minute to spare and wants to
28. Do you make the rounds at Christmas? Yep - and we still manage to make someone feel like we don't spend enough time with them or we are late and they are mad - we can't win most years - *Sigh*
29. In-laws or family? My In-laws ARE my family :)
30. At what age did you quit believing in Santa? I dont know how old I was - I just remember sneaking up to my dad and whispering "thank you Santa" in his ear Christmas morning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!

3 comments:

Blair and Cindy

Okay, so Blair and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Transiberian Orchestra! Have you ever been to one of their concerts? Can I just say "AMAZING, AWESOME...!!! Blair got us tickets as an early Christmas present a couple of years ago. If you ever get the chance to go - it is SO worth it! Merry Christmas!

~~heather

Oh! We LOVED it too!! We went last year, and are kicking ourselves for not goin this year! We should plan a date for next year! The Wilkey's love them too! It would be a blast! I know what you mean about the BEST concert ever! Somehow I am a dork and we got floor seats (not sure how I did it - we didn't figure it out until we got there - but it was an AWESOME surprise!) It was snowing on our heads! It was a fairytale type date night - we had dinner at the Roof - and watched the 1st snowfall of the season falling on the lights at Temple Square! Then the concert, and the surprise awesome seats, and well... it ROCKED!! We joke it was a once in a lifetime date night as everything was so picture perfect! AHHHH.... I am glowing inside just thinking about it... *GRIN*

Wanna plan for next year? LOL

Sorensens

Heather-

It was so nice to get your Christmas update letter and picture. I can't believe how much your family is growing. We need to get together soon. Sounds like Jess and Shawn are having the same eye issues. Shawn has had 4 surgeries.(very, very long story). I would like to hear from you-adriansorensen@hotmail.com and sorensenpics.blogspot.com.----Adrian