Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, December 8, 2008

This monday is up there with the mondays you dont want to remember. *sigh* Caleb was sick with a tummy bug on friday - but got over it quickly and all seemed right with the world.

Emma came in just shy of 2 am and told me she had projectile vomitted all over her bedroom floor. Aye yi yi! What a freaking mess! I just barely (as in a few minutes ago!) finished the carpet cleaning (over and over and over again) to get it and it's pugnat aroma out. Y-U-C-K! She is lying on the family room floor with a bucket and stomach cramps.

Cam started complaining of a sore throat last night and promptly fell asleep at 5pm. He slept until 10 am! He has blisters on the back of his throat and tounge. I have never seen anything like it - they are not red or swollen or anything - they look like little pockets of fliud (like what you get on your hands when you have shoveled for too long) He has no other symptoms and no fever. I would like to take him to the Dr just in case - but what the heck do you do with the other kids? drag them along? And it's not like you want to be the one that passed the stomach flu along! ugh.

Cody woke up with a sore throat, and wanting to puke. Poor boy! He has BOTH! AGH! He is curled up on his bed sound asleep. He is such a sweetheart and quietly endures - makes me wish I could just curl up with him and love him better!

And so: I have ALL the kids home sick, except Caleb whose feeling well and climbing all over the others because he wants to play. The dogs keep getting into any puke I haven't gotten scrubbed up yet - so they both need baths! (barfaroony!) The laundry to fold piling up as the machines have not stopped - my hands rough and raw from scrubbing them and the house - A check finally came in the mail so I can go get Jess insulin so maybe he can eat tonight... if I can ever make it to the bank sometime today to deposit it - Have I mentioned how much being self employed SUCKS sometimes? - We are out of milk, bread and almost out of laundry soap - Jess has a job with a screaming deadline so he can do nothing to help me but call and cheer me on (oh boy) - the neighbors have pink eye and the others have a horrible chest cold neither of which we can chance - and MIL has my niece, whom is sick with a bad cold too, so she is no help either! - My grandpa had emergency gall bladder surgery and grandma is alone trying to care for him - she could desperately use my help and I have such guilt as I am the closest! drat! - I am struggling with a somewhat sick tummy myself - though I think it is lack of sleep/cleaning up barf related. ACK!

I am in full whine mode today! waa waa waa!!This is why I must celebrate the healthy times a little more diligently!! I am so sorry I don't! LOL! Glad it's my blog and I can cry if I want to...cry if I want to...

This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. *GRIN*

3 comments:

Jonesy Rae Photography

This reminds me so much of when matt was gone on a trip and we were ALL sick too. Me included. The kind where each kid puked three times a night. That's NINE times!!! And you hands, yup, mine too. They were actually cracked and bleeding the next day! I actually needed to go shopping for food so badly that we all went to the grocery store, with puke buckets in the shopping cart with us. Gross, I know. But what were we supposed to do... and I tell you, the looks I got! I wish I could come help. :( We all just got over it, so I'm immune for a brief period. Too bad the distance is too far.

Suzie

Oh man Heather, this just sounds HORRIBLE!! You were on my mind today and I didn't call, shame on me, obviously I was resisting the spirit! I love you girl! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you. Want me to go get you some milk or run to the bank for you? Just give me a call!

Anonymous

Hang in there lady. The lord knows what we need and when, and I know you have a profound amount of faith. He will provide both sanity and strengh.
The rest we can help with, Go open your front door...