Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, February 2, 2009

Can't seem to find the joy...

It's been a rough few days. I was lucky enough to start some kind of ailment that gave me body aches, chills, extreme weakness & fatigue with a mild fever. I have felt just plain crumby. Today made day 4. My fever has been spiking quite high with little repreeve, and my throat hurts so severely I could not swallow - at all. Jess took me to the insta care this evening and the Dr., concerned that I was dehydrated and the effects it could have on my heart, gave me a pain med to relieve the throat pain so I can swallow. I tested negative for strep, but he said there is a virus going around that mimics strep. I barely gagged down my pain pill (with a few tears) and 2 hours later I woke up to be able to move my body without wanting to whimper, and I drank a glass of fluid without too much pain. It still hurt - but it was better. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I have not been so ill in a long time... the joy is hard to find today. :(

3 comments:

Keri

I hope you feel better soon! The Wangsgards are really sick and I wonder if this is what they have, too.

Suzie

Oh Heather, I hope you feel better soon! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

zzulie79

I am all in for the chicken!! Lemme know and I will be there:) So happy you found in the blog world.lol