Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Emma Smith"


I am so proud of my Emmalee. Her 5th grade class does a "Wax Museum" presentation of people from American History. She brought home a list a month ago, and we discussed the options of who she could be; not Pocahantas - her best friend was being that, Shirley Temple? did we really want to try that hair?? (LOL). I asked her about her name sake... and she asked what I meant. I know that I had told her before, but I told her how I have such admiration for Emma Smith - the wife of the Prophet Joseph Smith - and for her faith and courage, and how we named her after Emma. She lit up! She had to ask special permission, but chose Emma Smith as her Special Person in History.
She has worked really hard in her study of Emma Smith's life. She has gained her own admiration and love for this great woman. And today they are doing the wax museum - and with her Aunt Millie's trek outfit on, she looks and feels the part!
If any of you have nothing better to do tonight... would you go and support my cute daughter at this event? It starts at 7:00pm at their school. I am still quite sick... and it breaks my heart to miss it... :(

1 comments:

Unknown

Sorry to hear you are sick! I hope you feel better!