Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Friday, February 6, 2009

My heart is sick...

We had to send the following email tonight:

I wanted to share my outrage and utter disappointment at a situation that happened at the Beekeeping 4H class I took my 9 yr old son to tonight. During the presentation, the instructor attempted to bring up a picture of a bee swarm to show the children, and instead brang up two seperate photos of nude women! I am VERY hesitant to allow my son to continue this class, but as his heart has been set on beekeeping since age of 5, I find myself quite torn. Should the instructor bring up any further INAPPROPRIATE material, I will be notifying the proper authorities immediately! And should he be the leader for the regular clubs following this class my son will not be attending. The instructors reaction to the "accidental" images was LESS than heartfelt or apologetic for what may now be seared on my sons memory for life. I thought you should be made aware as I was not positive your 4H representative was in the room at the time, nor could I catch her for comment after class. Please contact me if you have any questions. (801-836-8726) Jestin Dorius

0 comments: