Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Thankful for some Sunshine

What an awful few days we have had! :( Apperantly our little family likes to defy the odds and try new things. (ha ha) The Dr's said we "could not" have strep because it doesn't present with a cough! And then that "fevers from strep should be gone within 24hours on antibiotics"... well Cam kept his for 3 days! Our little family has not been well since last monday!

Ugh! So all 3 of the older ones ended up with strep... though because of some timing and confusion at the Dr's office, they only have *all* been on antibiotics for just shy of 24 hours now. All the kids have ALSO had a viral chest cold (yipee)... which: in taking my grey/blue 3 yr old to the ER yesturday, they said was Bronchitis/RSV. Joy! LOL! (Luckily we could medicate at home and he was not admitted! blessings!)

They have all been *really* sick. We have had coughs, aches, pains, chills, sweats, vomitting, blue spells, tears and sleepless nights. Add that to the fun of endless breathing treatments, and an array of various medications (I had to keep a list to know when who had what! ack!) for the last 4 days... and oh boy! Jess and I were bolted awake by a puking toddler at 4:45 am today... and Jess carpet cleaned my bathroom carpet and bedroom walk way at 5:00am while I coddled a 103 temped little man who only wanted to cry and cry. Good times. Good times.

And then to add to the fun: *I* started with fever, bodyaches, painful cough and extreme fatigue yesterday morning. *sigh* We have been a barrel of fun this week!! LOL!

So... Our first official week of Home school has been delayed somewhat... which is one of the blessings of Home schooling anyway...right? We aren't behind... we will just begin where we left off!! *grin*

This afternoon, those on antibiotics, though still contagious, are finally feeling a bit better, so they have been quietly playing outside in this lovely 50 degree weather and sun we are finally being blessed with!! WAHOO!! I have opened windows throughout the house and lysoled/clorox wiped til I can barely stand to move anymore (and of course my tylenol wore off! *giggle*) Yea... for me!! I am going to go take some more tylenol and lay down in the quiet! tee hee hee! I will tackle the puked on couch cushion later...

0 comments: