Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Date Night & Reflections

Had a wonderful night last night! We ran away last night and went to the Dollar Movie (which BTW is now $2! LOL!) with our friends Hal & Suzie. We saw "The Blindside". It really was a GREAT movie! We had a great time! Thanks so much friends!! But that movie really got emotions going inside me!

In retrospect... I am missing being a foster parent. I wonder where "my girls" are now and what they are doing. We were blessed to foster 3 beautiful girls over a year+ period.

Tiffany was 16. We only had her for a couple of weeks, a couple of times, while her regular foster parents went on vacation, but we grew quite attached to her. She LOVED our kids and was a joy to have in our home. She begged us to keep her permenantly, but with 2 little ones at home I was not equipped to take on a teenager at that time.
(I would post a picture, but she likely looks a lot the same and feel like I should not)

This is Dana (and Cody) Isn't she just precious? She got to go home to her momma and we loved having her in our home! She LOVED my mom and clung to her when she came over! It was great! She loved to dance and sing and her smile just killed me! Oh she was fun to snuggle on!
And this little mite is the reason we quit fostering (aside from just finding out I was pregnant with Cam). I got to go pick her up from the hospital at 4 days old. She was TINY! Preemie clothes drown her. This is Summer. She went home to an aunt for her permenant care, and it broke my heart. She was only in our home for 2 weeks, but I cried for days!! She had fire red hair and was just the sweetest tempermented baby you would ever meet... despite the horror stories told of meth babies. She was a golden little spirit. I pray she is strong and well! She will always feel like one of my own!

They are all big girls now! Attending school I am sure. It really makes me reflect on my life and who I touch and wonder if I make a difference or not. I miss my girls. I wish you could stay in contact with them. *sigh*
Oh well. I *can* pray for them and hope they are happy and healthy and loved! :) By more than just me, their "Foster Mommy".

0 comments: