Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, March 1, 2010

I did it! I did it!!

I am a happy girl!! This morning I got on our new (hand-me-down) treadmill and started a new getting-myself-healthy again plan. It is a walking/body shaping workout for people who don't have any excercise program going. Which is me. I have done a little strength training, but as far as anything else really since my heart surgery I have avoided elevating my heart too much because, well, it hurt! I think the scar tissue in my heart would stretch when I would get my heart pounding and it just would HURT so bad! (Like I had jsut *had* the surgery again!) Lately I have pushed the envelope here and there and have not had the pain, so I tried it today...

I walked (briskly) for 30 minutes!!!!!! The LONGEST I have been able to walk like that since surgery!! NO PAIN! I was purple in the face and wanted to die... LOL... but it was normal workout purple in the face/want to die. I am SO SO SO tickled!! I don't care about how many pounds I loose! I just want to get stronger! I am ready to be able to live my life! I am ready to not be scared of over-doing it and skip out of events or things in my life! I just want to be able to go up the stairs without being tired, be able to go shopping with my girl friends/mom & sisters and not be the slow down!

I also added some strength training, though I used Spaghetti Sauce cans since I don't have any hand weights! LOL They worked great for me! *wink*

I am going to try and post what I do each day for the next 3 weeks (it's a 3 week plan) and make myself accountable. I know I can do ANYTHING for 3 weeks... so let's see if I can get some excercise back into my life!! *grin*

1 comments:

Colette

I'm proud of you Heather! You can do it, and maybe i'll try something too.!