Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Young Women's Conference

I was able to take Emmalee up the Conference Center on Saturday for the General Young Women's meeting. She was in HEAVEN!! Mom and her time! It was *really* good!! Pres. Utchdorf spoke about how the most magical phrase in any launguage is "Once Upon a Time..." He then spoke about the different princesses in the stories you can read and the trials they had to face. He said that each of US are princesses to our God and King and we too have trials to endure in our own lives in writting the story of our lives. But he said that if we hold true and endure them well... when we get to the end of our mortal lives we will be blessed to be able to write the other of the most magical phrase at the end OUR books of life... "And they lived happily ever after". It was SO cool!!! Emma REALLY absorbed the reality of who she is and chattered about it all the way home. It was perfect! And I really felt uplifted and like I may be able to continue to endure. (heh heh like I have much choice about it! LOL)

Jestin couldn't go with us, so we took my sister, Jenny, and had a girls day out! It was a ton of fun!
Emmalee was in awe at the temple. She actually was in awe about everything! I forget that we as a family have done very little away from hearth and home in the last 3-4 years because of my health and finances. She was in awe at the size of the buildings downtown. She couldn't believe all the people. It was really fun to see it all through her eyes. She said on the way home she was amazed at "how big the world really is" *giggle* Just from going to Salt Lake City! Bless her heart! I need to take her out more! LOL
She remembered the Christis from when we brought her up to see the lights when she was 5 years old. I love that room. I love hearing that voice and imagining that my Savior really IS speaking to me. I have always loved it...ever since I was a little girl.
Emma wanted to explore it all on Temple Square. Of course we couldn't because of the late hour, but we did explore some. The Sister Missionaries were so sweet! They were pressing everyone who walked by about what their favorite part of Conference was. You could tell they were hungry for it... and had missed out. It was really fun for Emma to see the missionaries too. She talked on the way home about how Cody will get to go on his mission first, because of their ages, but that she will get to go and be out at the same time as him.
(better start savin' my pennies!!!)
Me and my Sis
I am so thankful for the strength to take her to this. I struggled the next day... but it was SO WORTH IT!! I can't wait for the Ensign so I can read the talks again. It was an amazing conference! Cannot WAIT for this weekend!!! I love General Conference so much! It's like balm to my soul.

0 comments: