Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

This is the day you make all the jokes. This is the day no one can take anyone seriously. And yet this has been a strange day for me.

I just learned one of my dear friends pain. She's Jestin's 2nd cousin's wife - does that make us 2nd cousins-in-law? Ah! whatever! I just consider her a dear friend. I know we don't see each other much, but I feel a closeness to her that makes no sense. She is fabulous! And I love her!!

I learned today that her mom passed away yesterday. It was suddenly and sadly. I know my friend's is heartbroken, and her sweet kid's are too. I have heard nothing but GOOD from everyone about her mom:
* She loved her family deeply.
* She took care of them whenever they needed her.
* She helped to make memories for her kids and grandkids.
* They went on trips together; Lake Powell & Cancun, etc

I have no other words to offer except... my sweet dear friend Emily: I love you! I am so very sorry for your loss and for the pain you feel. I know you understand the atonement & the plan of salvation, and all about eternal families... but I have a feeling it is still heart wrenching!! Please know our family is loving, praying and thinking about you at this time.

And I wish I could tell you it was all a joke. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) With all my heart I do!

And to everyone else... please call your mom today and tell her you love her... or please mend that fence with someone you love that needs mended. This it is not an April Fools Day trick!

Life is precious!! Make all the memories you can!!!

0 comments: