Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finding the Joy...

Every day is a gift. Everyone! Those we love are with us such a short time. Each person in my life is a gift - I can learn from them, and them from me. We are not alone and yet the only person we can count on being here the entire time we are here on this earth is ourselves. That leaves me to wonder... should I be nicer to me?

I am thankful for each trial. They are gifts too. Trials bring testimony. They give me a chance to break the norm. The make my heart more full of gratitude. Trials teach me about myself as well... and they seem to have different effects in different parts of my life and soul.

Heaven blesses me each day. I have water to drink. I have a roof over my head and clothes to keep my body protected. I have a body. I have food to eat. I have sunshine to warm and soothe my body, mind and soul. I have rain to wash away the grime of this dirty modern world. There are flowers to enjoy all around me, and green grass, and snow covered mountains...etc etc etc. Each thing, person, feeling, event & place are gifts from Heavenly Father for me to enjoy... if I choose to recognize and appreciate them as such.

There is much joy around me this day... and I am choosing to see it.

1 comments:

mamaerica

Thank you for sharing this. I really needed this today.