Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, April 13, 2009

My Easter...


What an amazing Easter Sunday. I am so thankful to the ward choir for their beautiful program, for the words that were spoken, the songs that were sung, but most of all I am thankful for the Spirit that I felt. From the minute they began tears flowed down my cheeks without stopping. The feelings of utter awe and gratitude at magnitude of what the Savior did for all of us, of what He did for *me* washed over me in great waves. How blessed we are that He gave His LIFE...all of His life... for us! Not 5 years in calling. Not as an apostle when He was old and grey, but ALL of it! He gave every moment for our benefit, to teach us, be the example for us, pray for us, suffer for us, and die for us! He was perfect! He had no reason to allow His life to be taken. None. He was half God, he could have stayed their hands. He willing SUFFERED horrifying sorrow, anguish and utter pain FOR US! It seems so trite to say I am thankful for His sacrifice for me. I know I have said it many times in my testimony, and in teaching, and in my prayers, but never have I felt it so searing on my heart and in my soul! Hosanna! Hosanna! To God and the Lamb! Thanks be to God that me, a common, willful, stubborn fool can humble myself before Him and He will take me back... time and time again... My heart breaks for His pain. My heart leaps for joy and gratitude at His pain. I would be utterly lost without Him. And the gratitude I feel envelops me. For the knowledge I have, for the testimony I feel, I will strive daily to live worthy of.
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. Never have I known it so fully or completely. I know it! :)

1 comments:

Stephanie

That was beautiful!! Can I just say ditto. . .