Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Homemade Shout??

I am so excited!! I just found something new to try! I was looking through a 1988 ward cookbook that my Grandma gave me when we got married that her ward had put together. My aunt and greataunt and some cousins contributed too. I was highlighting the ones that are "family" submitted recipes and at the very end I found a recipe for homemade laundry pre-treat that my Aunt Christine submitted! I am so tickled!! I am TOTALLY going to try it out!

I have LOVED my homemade laundry soap, aside from the few hard to get stains (tomato based, chocolate etc)...and for those I have been using Shout on! How FUN is that if I can make pre-treat that works great too!??! It looks SO easy and will likely only cost a few pennies to make! YEA!!! I am SO enjoying teaching/learning old school homemaking tricks! SWEET!!! I know what MOM is learning for homeschool this week!! *WINK WINK*

2 comments:

Tammy

if it works you'll have to post the recipe! That is the love of my life, Shout! My kids would not have any clothes without it! I am not a good "keep-up-on-the-laundry" kind of person!

Eli & Corinne

Let me know if it works! (I would love to check out your laundry detergent recipe too -- for my home school day!)