Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunday May 3rd - Fast Sunday...

Hi my loved ones and friends. I have had many of you, and others I know, on my mind a lot lately. There are many of each of our family and friends that are struggling right now meeting the needs that their families have due to job loss, pay cuts and hourly cuts. We have struggled as well...and though things are turning around some for my family, I still worry about all those that I know and love!

Jestin was in a Stake Welfare meeting where the Stake Pres. asked all there to stand up. Then he asked any who have been directly effected by pay cuts to sit down. Then those with hour cuts. Then those with complete job loss. Then those who had someone in their family who has experienced this. Then close friends. By the time he got to "those who have someone in their quorum or ward" to sit there were only 2 left standing to sit down.

This analogy really has gotten me thinking. A lot! We ALL know someone who is effected by the state of our economy right now (though most of us are effected regardless). There are many in need of extra blessings. And so this is the reason for my post (and email if you got one)

Would you join us in dedicating your fast in May (this Sunday, May 3rd) to those who are struggling in this economy to care for their families? And then could you give just a few dollars more than usual for your fast offering to help meet their needs?

It's such a small thing we all can do - and yet I KNOW Heavenly Father honors prayers with a fast with so much more than we can imagine. Let's bless these loved ones of ours as one flock... with one Shepherd.

"And the Lord called his people ZION , because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in rigteousness; and there was no poor among them." - Moses 7:18
Feel free to send this on as well... the more of us that stand together... well you know. ;)

0 comments: