Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cheep Cheep... Cheap Eggs?


What a fun Family Home Evening! LOL

And a Happy Birthday to my love! (the kids were THRILLED!!)

How stinkin' sweet are they??


We have 10 new baby chicks!! 4 Reds, 2 White Leghorns & 4 little Silkies.

The silkies are tiny...

The kids (Jestin included) cannot get enough of them!

Fresh eggs come fall will be HEAVENLY!!
I feel slightly Modern Day Pioneerish... which is tending to be my path of life these days. Self Reliance is heavy on my mind, and I am thrilled at one more way to meet my family's needs without the aid of a grocery store.
In the mean time... we have to keep the kids from squashing them, the dog from eating them, and Jess to get the coop built so they can graduate from the box in my garage. Fun times! Fun times! *GRIN*
Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I hope you have as much fun this year as we have in past years with chickens.... minus all the roosters of course! ;)

0 comments: