Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arrival!! Tucson, Arizona


HUGS & KISSES!!!

My sweet Aunt Becky and her family had planned that the last time Grandpa (almost 90) visited Tucson it would be his last trip down, it just took so much out of him to make the journey himself. It tickles me to no end that we were able to bring him again! Becky knew, and kept it a secret from her family. The look on my sweet cousins faces was priceless! There were tears and lots of laughs.

We came down for my oldest cousin's High School Graduation. Kayelani was REALLY surprised... she knew Jess and I and the kids were coming, but knew nothing of my parents and of Grandpa and Grandma!

I was so caught up in the events happening I forgot to take many pictures! Kayelani and Cameron fell right back into their norm.... They have had the sweetest bond ever since Cam was a baby. Kayelani is "his"... though he did give her "permission" to have her boyfriend Daniel, because well, as he says, "It's just her way of life" (Bwahahahaha)

Once we got there and all the salutations were over, I gathered the things that could not stay in the car. As I searched through the snack box that was next to Caleb I realized a couple of things...
1. the tinfoil ball Caleb had in his hand made sense now
2. he incessant chatter and wiggles made even MORE sense now!
The Mega Giant Hershey's Chocolate bar was gone. That little stink had quietly eaten the entire thing from Sedona to Phoenix! BWAHAHAHA! No wonder he was a little jittery! ;)
The dust devils were a sign of a storm front that settled over Tucson. The ENTIRE time were there it was no hotter than 85 and mostly cloud covered. This was our little miracle! Between the heat and how it effects my heart, and the reaction of my heart meds to my being in the sun so that I blister with sunburn in a matter of a few minutes, this was TRULY a gift from God. I still get a lump in my throat when I think of it. Each time someone would comment on how "it is NEVER like this in Tucson this time of year!" my heart would feel overcome with gratitude. I know why. It was a gift to my little family for taking that leap of faith and making this trip with all the generations when it seemed impossible to do! I will be forever thankful!!

0 comments: