Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Is it ok to be a little affraid??

I am sharing some religious and political views in this post... take it for what you will. I am just trying to get some feelings out and give them a voice... because I feel like I may explode...

I just listened to the this talk radio show about the world's leaders having meetings the USA are not invited to because they want to overthrow the US Dollar as the world's financial leader/currency. It is a FREAKING SCARY thought!! The amount of detriment it would do to our nation is catastrophic! And that is IN ADDITION to the holy terror of damage and financial FUBAR our new "savior" President is causing!! We are headed for a fast crash in the slow lane!!!

Now I am not trying to get too political here. I dont want to debate. I dont. But I know what my heart and spirit have been telling me for the last couple of years.
The last days are here.
All that was predicted in the scriptures must be fulfilled if God is not a liar - and deep in my soul I know that (unfortunately) I get to witness and endure it.

Now I know before we came here to this earth I agreed to this.
I know I was excited to come.
I know it deeply and truly.
I know I knew it would be hard.
And now that I am here... I am a little scared.
I am not as brave as I seem to everyone else.

I dont like the thought of not having a home for my kids. I dont like the thought of not being able giving them that "beaver cleaver" childhood that really ALL kids deserve! (Even though I *know* it is just a fantasy life on television) I am scared at the prospect of not having enough for my kids to eat. I wonder how long Jess/ I / the kids can survive without the medications that keep us alive! Or my little family not being safe because of evil people with guns trying to take what food/shelter/provisions we have! Or worse a government taking away MY gun to protect them with...while the criminals get to keep theirs!

*SIGH* I know SO many people dont buy into this kind of scenario. But I personally do. We as a nation LIVING IN GODS PROMISED LAND have chosen to stop standing up for what we KNOW is right. We are too complacent and affraid of offending those that make the wrong choices. And God has promised we WILL NOT PROSPER in the land when that day comes. And it has LONG past!

And what about God? We have kicked Him out of everything. We spit upon morally clean things. We embrace the filth and invite it into our homes and hearts DAILY! We run and hide. We don't want to "rock the boat". Well... the boat is SINKING. Sinking!!!!! And each night as we get ready for bed I read more and more about it in our scriptures to my kids, and more and more I feel the soft nudging that that day is here.

It is said it will "come as a thief in the night". How many people seem so shocked that we are where we are as a nation right now?? We are being "robbed" left and right by a spending-happy government with no real thought for the consequence of where their choices to earn them the good ratings *now* will take us around the bend!! And it is not just $$ I am talking about!! They are slowly and deliberately taking our GOD GIVEN rights and choices away from us. (And I not talking about the "right to make evil good"! I am talking the right to have a home, family, earn your own keep, protect your own family & seek for good) More so each day! I can't even keep up with how much the new reign in our government has steam rolled over since January!! (HAS IT REALLY ONLY BEEN 6 MONTHS??) A thief in the night huh? Interesting.

I guess what this post boils down to for me today is this. I am having a hard time knowing we have been through a hard time as a family the last few months and are now not where I would like to see us, as a family, in this day and age. We have used all our savings and credit lines to survive the last 5 months. We are down to the basics in our food storage. My pantry is not as full as I would like it to be! My debt to income ratio IS NOT where I would like it to be! I am not prepared as I would like to be!! My family's spirituality is not where I would like it to be! I am not ready!! And I know I have had as much time as everyone else... I am just not pleased with the choices *I* have made. I know that if I live worthy Heavenly Father will provide... but I am not sure I have done all that *I* can to receive the help I may end up needing! I feel too uncertain and that does NOT bring me peace.... so... today... is it ok to be a little bit affraid??

1 comments:

Lily

I feel the same way on all points. I feel comforted knowing somebody else has thoughts like mine.