Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, June 8, 2009

Sedona, Arizona


When we left Flagstaff, we took the canyon between there and Sedona. It is one of the prettiest canyons I have ever been in... and I live in UTAH!

Cam & Emma wanted picutes of the rocks, so my Dad stopped so they could take some.

JUST GORGEOUS!! The fire red rocks agaist the lush green makes it SUCH a paradise in my book!


This is my Grandpa and Grandma. Grandpa has limited mobility, so he rarely got out of the car, but it was just fun to be having an adventure with him!

Ma found some cool rocks to share with Caleb. She and my Dad have never been to Sedona and they could not agree more that it was WELL worth the side trip! We could have stayed all day...

We shopped in a few of their quaint little stores along main street, but we were quick about it, as Grandpa was sitting in a hot car being bored. Hard to enjoy yourself knowing he was likely miserable that's for sure! We will have to come back soon!

The kids found a lizzard....

and a butterfly!

I wanted a group picture of my kids with the fire rocks behind them like last time we were in Sedona over 5 years ago... but all I had the chance to take was this one of Caleb posing next to "da scawee indian". Oh well... next time... ;)

4 comments:

The Bischoff's

Wow! That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing those awesome pics! Makes me want to go there!! :)

Miriam

I love Sedona, it is one of my favorite places in Arizona. I really enjoyed your picture it makes me really want to go there again.

Tammy

we love sedona! we went there about a year ago for a half marathon in february and THAT is a beautiful time to visit Sedona!

Nicole Stoddard

Hey Heather, thanks for sharing the pictures. I really miss Arizona. I can't believe I've been gone for over 15 years (opps, I guess it's closer to 20 yrs now)and I miss the beauty of the deseret and everything in between there and Flagstaff.