Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The food... oh the food!!

Now... I will readily admit... one of my favorite things about spending time with the McOmber's (Aunt Becky & Uncle Kevin) is the food. She incorporates my Grandma's recipes with her own recipes... and well... it is AWESOME!! She made my most favorite for breakfast... her homemade bisquits and gravy (OH! SOOO good!) Kevin made everyone custom omelets from fresh eggs from their chickens (now you don't have to wonder where we get it from huh? LOL) - to die for! And he created a recipe for Z-alsa (Zuchinni salsa) that they canned last summer to go on top... I was SO full!! They also had fresh picked grapefruit off their tree that was so sweet you didn't even need sugar! We ate like kings in Tucson... and their fridge is always bursting at the seams! It was so wonderful! I claimed dish duty, as I felt it was the only way I could re-pay such feasting... *GRIN*

Breakfast table: Kayelani, with my Ma behind her and Jess chatting her ear off...

Aunt Becky & Kevin's new Step Mom Laree.

Kevin's dad, Kevin (walking behind them), my Grandpa & (Step)Grandma Margean


My Dad and my Ma

Grandpa & Margean again... we were all enjoying breakfast getting ready for the graduation later that day.... and it was hard to walk away from the food and the good company!

Kevin coming in from checkin on the kidlets. They all got to eat outside in the nice cool weather on their covered patio. We spent many of the evenings out there playing games and laughing until all hours of the night! It was lovely!

1 comments:

Tammy

food is always best when someone else cooks it too!! Although I would personally rather be cooking than doing the dishes! But that's just me. That looks like some huge trip you guys took. The dust devils are really cool.