Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Today I am grateful for:

  • Jestin's eye surgery is done. He is asleep on the couch and it looks like it all went well.
  • For food to eat
  • For clothes to wear
  • For clean water to drink (I know I always say this one... but I love water! And yucky water is not so fun!)
  • An organized pantry - it took me all day yesterday, but it makes me so happy to see! :)
  • Our adopted "Grandpa" Rod, who lives next door, and his willingness to drive us for Jes' surgery. We are blessed!
  • For my new curling iron Jes' family gave me for Christmas. It works so much faster than my old one did... I feel pretty today. :)
  • Warm sunshine through the windows... hints of spring to come.
  • Our chickens... anyone need some eggs?? LOL
  • Music to lift my soul. I realize I have listened to very little of it since my stroke... and regret that now.
  • Jes' cleaned suit from the cleaners. It may have been a sacrifice to have done, but it looks SO nice! :)
  • No more ward cookbooks to worry about selling. The remaining ones are now the ward's to do with as they please, and the bill is paid in full. That feels good! A completed project :)
  • Clean bedding.
  • Chocolate Chip cookies... thanks Em!
  • Warm blankets to cuddle in.
  • My scriptures.. and the comfort they bring.
  • Melting snow
  • The Temple - and Ward Temple Night to help us get there
  • The happiness I can feel again. I have missed feeling joy...
My heart is full of gratitude this day!

0 comments: