Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Miracle of Forgiveness...

I have thought a lot about the steps that we must take to give and receive forgiveness lately. It takes courage and integrity. On both sides of the equation. I was deeply touched by the actions of a sweet woman in my life today. What courage! I admire her a lot!

I have thought a lot about how often we unintentionally hurt others in our lives, and then when we do it intentionally as well.

It got me thinking about my kids. We have had issues with the kids feeling upset that they have to apologize if they accidentally hit/hurt someone. They feel like it was an accident and so it should not require an apology, that they are not really at fault. But is that correct principles?

And then it got me thinking about we adults. Shouldn't we be more aware of those around us? I know I could be...

I wonder if that isn't the greater part of becoming like Christ? Being willing to accept responsibility for the hurt we cause others, when we are aware of it, even if it was not intentional. And that takes courage!

My heart tells me that the Savior would!
 He would be quick to seek forgiveness... after all He is quick to offer it, even when we don't deserve it.
And I am striving to be more like Him... aren't I?

I appreciate people in my life who set good examples and help me reach deeper inside myself. And for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Forgiveness really is a miracle... on SO many levels!

UPDATE:
Just found this while reading tonight-
"Honesty and integrity are the threads that weave the fabrics of society together, and the best laboratory for learning and practicing these virtues is within the family"
~~ Sherri Dew

:) Very cool!

0 comments: