Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Heart Attack!

Here it is...just like I promised... 

Caleb's Hearts are everywhere! :)
We just love him so much!
And an example of the heart border he has decorated the house with... :)

And he even was eco-friendly and added the papers he used to decorate a little!
(tee hee)

My Ma came over and saw them all and was telling him how great they were. She told him she didn't have any Valentine's decorations up yet this year... Caleb quickly ran upstairs and made her a stack of hearts to take for her home and work. :) He is finding great joy in these hearts!
He and Cameron made this number for the office/library room. It is huge!

And, speaking of heart attacks... my mind almost had one today!! LOL
I was helping Jestin with cleaning up the garage. Seems innocent enough right? I mean, it was a LOVELY day today... first real sunny T-shirt day of the new year (it was a balmy 43 degrees).
So... innocently I am helping Jes in the garage. I pull on this extension cord the boys used to vacuum the stairs the day before and didn't roll back up. I am perfectly capable of coiling up this cord for Jes. It's light. I can do it.
As I am pulling... all of a sudden this piece of metal breaks loose. It is a thick square tube of steel. It heads directly for my right foot, of course, the foot I lost use of from my stroke.
In my mind it is like one of those bad dreams...
I am screaming at the top of lungs and nothing is coming out!
That is what it felt like!
I could see this metal was going to hit me on the foot. It was not falling super fast. My mind was screaming inside it's self telling my foot to step backward.... to not get hit!
My foot does not move.
This piece of steel lands directly on the top of my bad foot... and there was nothing I could do about it.
I swore.
(I did! It hurt!)
Tears came to my eyes.
Oh how I was irritated that I had had a stroke!

I had an indent on my sock where the edge of the metal struck.
Jes looked like he wanted to cry for me!

Needless to say, I was not a ton of help in the garage after that.
*sigh*
Oh the fun I have!
(bwahahahaha)


(I am not one to bruise super easy as my circulation is so poor, but the swelling and the red/purple mark are the casualties.)
And I was SOO looking forward to showing off how I can walk without a limp tomorrow at church!!
(((insert rolling eyes)))
For the love...

0 comments: