Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Temple Morning/Afternoon

Ok! So this is out of order... but I posted about the scout court of honor before this one...  this happened that morning... but I will add it here anyway! So there you have it! ;)

My friend Nicole and I have been trying to attend the temple together on tuesday mornings to do her family work. It has been a choice experience and has really helped get me through some of the heart wrenching events of our lives of late. SO: When Nicole text me to see if I was planning on it, I asked my SIL Nicole if she would be interested in going with us! She, of course, jumped at the chance! (They live an hour away from a temple in WA) So we said yes! We got up at 4:30 am and were on our way by a little after 5am.

It was a wonderful session! It was neat how it all played out though... friend Nicole forgot her temple reccommend and was about to not go in with us. We encouraged her to come in anyway and see what they would do. There were a few hoops to jump through... but in the end they allowed her to join us and we were able to serve like we had planned. It was perfect!

After our temple trip, we came straight home, dropped off my temple bag, grabbed some drinks, and SIL Nicole and I headed to SLC to attend the Primary Open House. (SIL is in a Primary Pres. and wanted to attend for her presidency... I just was tagging along because I love temple square and hangin' out with my sis!) Brent was working from home, so he kept an ear out, but Emma and Britt were in charge of keeping all the peps attended to while we were gone. They played and played and played!

We arrived in SLC (I had to take a cat nap on the way *blush*), paid for parking and headed to the Assembly Hall. We quickly learned that the Young Women's open house was scheduled for this day... not the Primary one! *oops* We laughed about it... and then wondered what to do! We had already paid for parking! We considered wandering the mall etc, but my energy levels would not have held out very long, and, being that we both love doing it, we decided to see if the Salt Lake Temple would allow me to attend without my reccomend in hand (I had left it in my temple bag, at home, so Nicole had hers, but I did not :P ).


We entered and asked if we could go. They had a temple Pres. member come down to talk to me. He teased us when he realized we had been at Provo just that morning! He wanted to know if we were headed to Logan next! Bwahahaha!! He called my Bishop to confirm my standing in the church. It was humbling and sacred to hear him ask "can you vouge for Sister Heather Dorius' worthiness?" and to be able to hear the bishop on the other end answer, "Absolutely." I don't know why that struck me so much... but it brought tears to my eyes. It was tender!

Because we had to call and get verification, we missed the 10 o'clock session. The Pres. member asked if we would consider doing sealings before the next session an hour later, to which we agreed. We rented our clothing, and dressed and were lead up to the sealing office. As we turned the corner and entered the office, there was a very tall older gentleman. Immediately I realized there was *something* about this man, but it took a few seconds to register. He said, " Good morning Sisters! What are you doing here today?" As soon as he spoke I realized who it was! My cute Sis-in-law did not yet, and quickly replied in a slightly snarky way, "We are here to serve!" LOL! He laughed and shook our hands....

Elder L. Tom Perry was amazing to meet! He talked to us briefly and then told us to have a wonderful day and then headed to go perform a live wedding. I turned and looked at Nicole and she was grinning from ear to ear! She had realized who he was and quickly asked if she had been too sarcastic to an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ! LOL
It was AWESOME!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!
The sealings we did were nice, and the session was grand, as always, but it all seemed dimmed a bit for the swell in my heart and soul!
I had always figured I would never get the chance to meet an Apostle because I live in Utah and all the meetings I ever attend are attended by thousands! But what better way to meet an Apostle of Jesus Christ than fully dressed in my temple clothes... in the temple of God?!?!?!
Awesome!!
Just talking about it makes me glow inside! What a gift!
It really was a WONDERFUL day!! :)

1 comments:

Nicole Stoddard

Thank you for writing out your experience. It was fun reliving the memory through your words. I love you! Thank you for sharing this day with me.