Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, January 28, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

1. I was named on my parents 2nd date (in Hawaii). My dad told my mom he wanted to name his first daughter Heather Leilani and so here I am.

2. I guessed the right amount of pieces of dental floss in a jar and won a homemade Cabbage Patch doll at my dentist's office as a kid. I named her Amanda Cecelia, after my two great grandmothers. She had a an outfit that looked like the girl in "Annie".

3. My best friend Corinne and I loved to play "mermaids". She had a hill in her yard that was perfect for "diving" into the ocean, and a bush with little yellow flowers with perfectly round petals...they made the perfect gold coins!

4. I like drinking water out of a glass cup. I can't stand tupperware for my drinking cups...I swear I can smell other foods and soaps in plastic.

5. I can't handle lotion or oil on my hands or feet. My sensitivity is so heightened that it makes me crazy. I dont do raw meat or other such slimy things well. It is too over stimulating for me. (I wear plastic gloves a lot :D

6. When I worked at the bank, I was robbed at gun point when I was 7 months pregnant with Emmalee. I was very pleased to have handled all the right "procedures" like I was suppose to. Growing up the kid of banker I often had been told how to react and what to do..and it was second nature to me. Actually I was fine through shutting down the branch, working with the police and the FBi...it wasn't until my Daddy walked into the branch to check on me that I lost it! I also went into labor that evening and had to have it stopped! Craziness! (it's one of Emma's favorite stories! She loves to hear about the "guy that almost killed us" as she calls it. - it really wasn't *that* dramatic! LOL)

7. I knew I was suppose to be with Jess the first time I saw him. Ok...so this is a fact about him...but the first time I saw him, he was skipping down the hall at the high school. Betcha didn't konw Jess could skip! ;) Tee hee!!!

Alrighty...now if you have a blog...consider yourself tagged...your turn! :D

3 comments:

mamaerica

Oh, you have to tell the rest of the bank robber story, about just *what* you put in his bag and the cops reaction and all of that. It's too funny not to share!

Keri

I love learning more about you! Hope you're starting to feel better!

Tammy

Robbed at gunpoint...wow! Way to keep cool. I don't know if I would have done so well!