Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, January 7, 2008

My kids are the best!

Tonight as I was getting my little ones ready for bed, they told me about their plans...

They want to do a hot cocoa stand at the chocolate fest to help raise money. My kids LOVE hot chocolate, and they were SO cute about! Emma wanted to know if it was too much to sell it for $1 a cup if it was a big cup. Cody pipes up..."I wanted to sell it for $5 a cup!" LOL!! Lil' stink! They are really cute!

Later, Emma made me cry. She has been begging for a hampster for months. She even swears she will take excellent care of it...she will buy all the stuff for it...etc etc. We keep saying no...that it is not a good time to get a pet right now. Well, tonight she got all serious...and she looked me in the eyes and said, "Mommy...I have been thinking about my hampster. Now that I know that you need so much money to make it so your heart can get fixed...I dont want to get one anymore. I want to put my money towards your surgery." I was so touched. I have such good kids! She is such a sweetheart! I hugged her and told her we shall see...

Emma also was a doll and on Saturday she made up her own list, wanted me to look it over and make sure it was alright, and then with her list she assigned the boys chores to clean house and they went to town! They vacuumed the couches, the stairs, Cam dusted the best a 5 year old can dust, Cody cleaned up a bunch of clutter and Emma loved seeing her plan work out. It was very sweet!

Tonight in his prayers Cody asked that "we can raise enough money to make mom's heart better so we can be calm and happy." He is such a tenderheart!

I dont know what I would do without my darling children! Heavenly Father really has given me some of my best friends in my kids... I LOVE being a mom!!

1 comments:

Keri

What sweet, sweet kids. I can see how much they love you!