Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Surgery Update

Hi! I am still so happy and excited! I FINALLY got the office manager to call me back yesterday...a week later!... and she started the process to see what can happen with the cost. She called me back later and said that she was talking with the head guy over their finance stuff and they are going to see what they can to do lower/finance the Surgeons fees & she is going to talk to the hospital and see how they can help as well. And then! The man who supplies them with the two high tech can-only-be-used-once-and-thrown-away-but-very-expensive tools was standing there. He heard the whole story, and said that he was sad for us. (because of my heart history in comparison to my age, my little family, and our lack of ability to get insurance...and he has offered to donate those two tools for free!!!!!! That is a couple thousand right there!! They are not cheap! I am so excited! I could not stop crying yesterday! It is WONDERFUL news!

My dear friends have taken off with some fundraiser ideas...my fear of burdening Jess with huge amounts of debt are being lessened... and well... it is so humbling. *blush*

If any are interested... you can see what they are doing by joining a private group that has been set up... http://groups.msn.com/HelpingHandsforHeatherDorius/_whatsnew.msnw

To join Brandy has set it up so that you must mention Jestin's business name (if you know and love us...you know the name :D ...see to the right ;) ) when you sign up and she will allow you access.

It sounds like fun! She is trying to coordinate a Chocolate Fest & a Silent Auction. She has received donations for quilts, a swedish weave blanket, homemade soaps, Creative Memories stuff, Heritage Makers stuff, Free Massages, and more! Jess is donating 2 certificates for free electrical for the auction. It sounds to be a great time! Even my kids are thinking and trying to come up with ways to make this surgery happen for my heart.

I am feeling more at peace with it. With so many rallying around me...I am not so scared. I am truly blessed. Truly I could not ask for a better life! I have such wonderful friends and family!

1 comments:

Keri

I'm so glad that you've gotten some good news & information from the medical side. That's wonderful...and hopefully a good sign of more to come!