Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy.

~ Mother Teresa

Monday, January 21, 2008

Planning Meeting

I was able to attend a planning meeting for fundraiser ideas last night. It felt great to try and be a part of the solution. So far the plans are:

Indoor Yard Sale - Saturday Feb. 2nd from 8am-1pm
it will be held at our Ward House - 300 East Center Street

If anyone has gently used things they would like to donate to the yard sale, please bring them the night before to the church, or that morning, marked with a price. (To save time for those volunteering at the event)

The idea is also in the works for a Valentine's Weekend Dinner/Program/Silent Auction. There is much fun stuff for the auction so far....I will list more of those when they have a more solid list. There are a few performers they are trying to get to come...and the whole event sounds awesome! Details to come...

It was wonderful to have a chance to contribute to this! Even though it is directly going to bless me...I feel like the fundraisers etc are more to help my sweetheart and family from being caught in huge medical debt. And I love the chance to help! We are so blessed with such wonderful people in our lives! Thank you for making this a reality....each and every one of you!

I heard back from the hospital. The most they will contribute is 25% of the cost. The financial guy wants us to try for a medicaid program...but just with the guidelines he gave....I highly doubt we will qualify. We are not in a low enough income bracket and well...thems are the breaks for being middle class self employed no? *sigh* I just wish there was a Health Insurance company out there that would take us. I understand why they don't...because we will cost them $ immediately with all our family's health concerns...but it just seems so unbalanced. I am not all for a government controlled health reform...but something has got to give! There are many family's out there just like us...and my heart truly goes out to them!

Anyway...I truly am grateful for the 25% if that ends up being all that we can be helped with. Every little bit helps!! :D

0 comments: